I'm just a mom who was dealt the diagnosis of Cushings Disease and this is my journey from surgery through today and how I get through each day.
Friday, April 6, 2012
DAY 6: How Cushings Made Me a Better Person
For many months after my pit surgeries I was sure Cushings was going to come back. it was always a thought in the back of my mind. Too many people I knew had had a recurrence, so why not me? Well that didn't happen. It was about my 1 year anniversary that that changed. There was nothing special about the day, I just felt 'normal' like everything was going to be ok! From that moment on I felt a new appreciation for life. Im a better person now because I had this disease. It made me appreciate the little things in life. Hearing the birds, watching my kids laugh, even being able to touch my toes & not come up dizzy! I was more grateful for the people in my life & was even more sympathetic to any medical issues they went through! Because of Cushings I'm a stronger, wiser & more sympathetic person. It's a horrible disease to have, but when you get to the other side & are well it makes you see things so much differently!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment