One thing that I have left over post pit surgeries, especially since my MIL died, is guilt over how I treated people while I had Cushings. I'm reminded my by my mom, husband, kids what I was like just a few years ago. And how my MIL never really got to know the real me post Cushings. I'm a better person now, but I wasn't back then. I yelled, I was rude and generally wasn't pleasant to be around. Everything bothered me. At the same time, I couldn't stop it. The rage would come on & leave just as fast. I felt like I couldn't help it. I can make it up to all those that are still here but I feel bad I can't make it up to my MIL. She tried so hard to be good to me & the kids…
I'm just a mom who was dealt the diagnosis of Cushings Disease and this is my journey from surgery through today and how I get through each day.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
DAY 17: Guilt post Cushings
One thing that I have left over post pit surgeries, especially since my MIL died, is guilt over how I treated people while I had Cushings. I'm reminded my by my mom, husband, kids what I was like just a few years ago. And how my MIL never really got to know the real me post Cushings. I'm a better person now, but I wasn't back then. I yelled, I was rude and generally wasn't pleasant to be around. Everything bothered me. At the same time, I couldn't stop it. The rage would come on & leave just as fast. I felt like I couldn't help it. I can make it up to all those that are still here but I feel bad I can't make it up to my MIL. She tried so hard to be good to me & the kids…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment