So I went to a wedding in FL this last weekend. It was my youngest cousin's wedding. I got in Friday morning, and hung out with my dad's family Friday night. They had a rehearsal dinner then, so I got to see everyone that I haven't seen since my own wedding! Saturday morning I went to the beach with my dad. That was really cool. The ocean was so warm! Much warmer than here in NJ! Anyway, the wedding didn't start until 4pm. So we got dressed and were at the hotel where it was by then. The ceremony was nice and sweet and then it was on to the reception. I knew I wanted to have a lot more fun, so I thought I'd get a "drink." Talked to the bartender, telling her that I like sweet drinks. I don't want to taste the alcohol. The first drink I had was Vodka, Orange liqueur, and Cranberry juice. It was nice and sweet! I got half way through the glass and I was already feeling it.
Now just know I am NOT a drinker. In fact, up til this point I hadn't drank such hard liquor since I was in college. So it didn't take much to get me buzzing. But this was different. I could tell it was bringing my cortisol down too. I was feeling week and lightheaded. So I thought if I took it slow and just sipped it, I would be ok. Things were funny tho and I was laughing like crazy, I was dancing like a lunatic from what I was told, but I was having a good time. I finally finished that first drink and went on to drink #2. It was a Cranberry juice, Sprite and Vodka. I told her to make it on the weak side. It didn't matter. I did end up taking 5mg of hydro thinking that would help the wooziness I felt. By the time I finished drink 2, the wedding was over. I was just shy of drunk.
My parents, brother and I went back to the hotel room to change. I sobered up a little and started getting tired. But my cousins texted me at 10:30pm and said they wanted my brother and I to come hang out by the pool with them. That sounded like fun! We swam, we talked and we drank a little more. By the time I left there at 2am, after one more drink, I'd had enough! I don't know what is considered drunk, but I'm sure I was close. I didn't vomit or anything but boy did I feel it! Or so I thought. Let's just say the next day was worse. My parents were taking me back to the airport and we had to leave by 6:30am. So I got less than 4 hrs of sleep. That was NOT enough. My body felt awful from the hangover and awful from lack of sleep! I took 25mg of hydro Sunday morning just to help cover how I was feeling. I slept on the 2 hr plane ride home. Hubby and the kids picked me up at the airport and I think I dozed in the car on the hour ride home from the airport. I got home, showered and changed and dozed again for another hour or two in bed. I managed to eat dinner, play with the kids for awhile and then when they went to bed, so did I. I think I conked out faster than them. I think I slept without moving the whole night too! LOL
Monday morning I wake up, I'm definitely feeling better. But now I have the runs and can tell I'm dehydrated. I drink a lot of water and gatorade and salty chips and crackers. I just blame it on the alcohol tho and the fact that my body is coming down from this crazy weekend!! I can tell you it will be at least another 10 years before I drink that much again!! It was a fun weekend and worth it, but I always have to remember in the back of my mind that 1) I'm not that young anymore and 2) that my body can't handle the liquor anymore. Thankfully nothing bad happened, but my hubby was being kept in the loop with how I was doing and he told them what to do if I got sick etc... Glad to know he was actually listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment