Monday, February 28, 2011

I have a cold that knocked me out Saturday!

My MIL came to visit us last week for the kids violin concert. When she showed up, I saw she had a cold. Because of my lacking immune system, it seems I'm the one to catch it. I thought I was lucky to be so healthy this year. Ah well... It wasn't til this last Saturday tho, that I felt really sick. And by sick I mean, weak, sick to my stomach, sore throat, headache and the shivers. By later in the afternoon on Saturday, I couldn't eat or drink anything. And it wasn't because of the sore throat, it was because I had the worst nausea. So I grabbed a cup of water and I went upstairs to bed. I took another 10mg of hydro and sure enough about a half hr to hour later, I felt a little better. I asked hubby to bring me some vanilla ice cream and Gatorade. I ate and drank and seemed to be fine.

Next morning, after hubby let me sleep in til about 9am, I got up and had 1/2 a bagel for breakfast. I continued to drink Gatorade too. I still didn't have my full appetite back tho. I took my normal 20mg of hydro in the morning too. I ended up skipping lunch, but did enjoy dinner. I took another 10mg of hydro after dinner and I did take some Benedryl to help with the post nasal drip and to help me sleep w/o waking from choking on my phlegm. I slept like a log. I don't feel too bad this morning, just still run down from the cold itself. Thankfully I do seem to have my appetite back. But dang! This just hit out of nowhere!! I was fine at breakfast and then boom! I'm feeling like death warmed over! This stuff is scary and I'm soooo afraid of having to end up in the ER with AI. I'm afraid of puking normally, but now if it happens, it may land me in the ER. Definitely nothing to fool around with.

I'm just glad the hydro did the trick and that the weekend's over and I'm feeling better. Hopefully the rest of the cold leaves me just as quickly!!

No comments: