I'm just a mom who was dealt the diagnosis of Cushings Disease and this is my journey from surgery through today and how I get through each day.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
One year anniversary
A year ago today I had my hysterectomy. I never thought I'd say this, but it's the best thing I've ever done. I feel so much better; no ovarian pains, no PCOS and best of all no more periods!! While it was a long (and quite painful) recovery, I'm glad I did it now. I do take a very low dose estrogen patch and while it works, I'm sure I could still go up a bit (especially since I upped all my other hormones). I still get hot flashes now and then, especially if I'm late in replacing the patch. But I really don't want to go up any higher in my dose. All those worries about cancer and heart issues are always there. One year later and doing great is a pretty awesome place to be tho!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment