Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Sorry I didn't post back right away. We were away, then coming home for the New Year... It's been crazy.

Anyway, doc called and said the blood test was slightly elevated. The high level of normal was 34 and mine was 36.4. He still thinks it could be endometriosis, cuz everything else is normal. Having been through Cushings, I know nothing "normal" is always good either.

So in any case, I will be having a full hysterectomy - including uterus, ovaries & cervix. They will do all the testing/biopsies that need to be done and if there's a malignancy, they will go in and take out my appendix and oomentum too. (Breeding grounds for cancer as I've been told.) They will do a vertical incision in my abdomen and I'll be in the hospital for 3 days. I'm scared crapless. And the last few weeks w/o my estrogen & GH have been pure hell. I'm emotional about pretty much everything and in pain at the same time. In fact, I've cried about being in pain. hehe!

I'm trying to be positive and know this is for the best and in the end it will be better. But it's such a definitive measure. I have to talk to the gynecologic oncologist next week and I'll get his 2 cents on all this too. I hope he's nice.

No comments: