Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pelvic Mass

Those are big words, wouldn't you say? Doesn't sound good either. Nothing like a good worry for the holiday season.

Well that's what my ob/gyn told me I have. I had my annual checkup and during the exam, he asked me if I was pregnant. I said no. I was VERY sure of that. He said my uterus was as big as if I was 16 weeks pg. I was shocked. I told him I had no idea. I had no symptoms whatsoever. I haven't had a cycle since before pit surgery, so I have nothing to go by there. I was actually coming to tell my ob/gyn that I needed to adjust my meds again, cuz I have was having some "sex" problems. I thought I might need to add testosterone, since that was the only hormone I wasn't replacing. He said that was the least of my issues right now.

So tomorrow (Monday morning) at 10am I have an ultrasound. I guess it will give us an idea of what it might be and how big it is. I am VERY nervous/worried. I did go buy an OTC pg test just to make sure, since he didn't test in the office and sure enough it was negative like I thought. So tomorrow hopefully I will find out one way or another what we are dealing with. If I have to have any type of surgery, I am scared. Only my mom really believes this whole Cushings ordeal and she'll have to help make sure I get the right doses before, during and after any new surgeries. It's really the last thing I want to think about. *sigh*

I'm trying to be positive and we really had a good weekend with all this snow we got. Playing in the snow with my kids and then drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace with my family. It was nice. So a few prayers or well wishes would be appreciated for tomorrow! I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

arubiana said...

I'm so sorry to hear this praying everything is/will be okay.

judycolby said...

Kay,
Thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome.