Thursday, December 3, 2009

18 months and counting!!

Can't believe it's been 18 months. Amazing! And I'm still doing well too! I've even noticed some things that didn't stick out before. Like bruises. I never used to get bruises. Everyone said that was one of the signs of Cushings, but for me it wasn't. As it turns out, I think when I got a bruise, I had so much cortisol in my body that it helped keep the inflammation down. Now, however, I get a bruise and it goes away normally. I always keep watch to see how long they last (cuz again the longer they last is a cushie thing) and it seems like they go away pretty quickly. I was even scratching my back against the door the other day and my skin turned all red! That never happened before either! I guess now my skin could be more sensitive or the cortisol just isn't there to help. Either way is ok with me.

My husband noticed the next thing. He said even tho I eat "bad" things, I don't eat a lot like I used to. Like my body has a true craving and when it's done, it's DONE. I couldn't eat a whole bag of chips or candy or anything now. I have what I want and I'm done with it. My portions in general are just smaller. I'm listening to my body a bit more and can tell when I'm just full.

I'm actually hoping for xmas to get a Wii Fit. I'm hoping that will help with the whole exercise thing. I'm not good at it during the winter months. When it's nice out, I'll go for a walk. During the summer I'll swim til my hearts content. During the winter months when it's too cold or too rainy....uhm... Well, lets just say I'm not moving much. I have some exercise videos, but it's not the same. I'm hoping one of the wii exercise games will be more helpful and keep track of my workouts. Give me a goal to shoot for. :) I'm about 25 pounds from what my weight should be for a "normal" person my height. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm ok with what I look like now. But it would be ok to get down a little more and really just to work out my muscles.

Since I can't take a larger dose of the GH, I really have to work out my muscles to keep them from disappearing on me. And believe me, I can feel that they aren't all "there". So we'll see what "Santa" brings for me in....ACK!! 22 days!!! Guess I should get shopping myself eh?!

No comments: