Friday, August 28, 2009

Quick update...

I'm going for my blood test tomorrow morning to check my cortisol again. Then soon after, I'll do a phone MEDEM with Dr. L to talk about the results and the few questions I have. My only concern is that he's not running an ACTH level. Isn't this disease all about that level?! So I'm trying to make an appt with my PCP to have him run an ACTH. If I can't get him to do it before my medem with Dr. L, I'll just ask Dr. L to do one then. I know how he'll react tho, saying that if my cortisol is low, I'm still ok and won't need to check my ACTH. Those of us that have Cushings, know otherwise. I'm getting up bright and early now, so I'm sure my cortisol is up there to make me get up. It's always been the ACTH I'm worried about. *sigh* I'm sure it will all work out. I'm not worried about it per se, more like frustrated.

But I do have my date to go back to Seattle. Nov 16th. I'll have an MRI then, a CST done to check my adrenals, and of course bloodwork to check pit function in general. We're hoping it works out that my mom can come with again. It's nice to have her company there.

As soon as I get my my bloodwork results, I'll post again.

No comments: