I had my followup with my local endo to go over all my blood results. I'm even more worried now tho, as my ACTH is still going up. I know I keep saying that, but now my local endo has me worried too. She said, if I was Addisons, my ACTH should be REALLY high, like 60+. Being (pan)hypopit, my levels should be below 10. I'm right in the middle at 26. My cortisol is still 1.8. I'm worried something ectopic is still causing ACTH to rise.
My local endo admits she's not well versed in Cushings (especially postop), but in her opinion, I should wean down from my 20mg of hydro. I just emailed Dr. L to get his opinion, and I hope he emails back asap and can give me an answer. I'm hoping that's all it is, that I can wean and things will be "normal." But I know my record and it can't possibly be that easy. :(
My local endo is going to have me do another am cortisol/acth check and a UFC then I'll see her again at the end of the month. I'm not sure how the UFC will work while I'm still on hydro. She said if it's really high levels, I need to wean, if it's really low levels I don't wean. If it's normal - it's useless. That makes no sense to me. Again, hoping Dr. L will help out here.
Other levels to share too...
ALT (0-40 range) mine is 46.
AST (0-40 range) mine is 40. So my liver is already being messed up.
Renin (20-160 range for sitting) mine is 193.
Aldosterone (5-41 range for sitting) mine is 7. So going along with the cortisol, shows AI/Addisons.
DHEAS (48-247 range) mine was 13. Not sure what that means...
Estrodial/Testosterone/LH/FSH were all in "normal" ranges.
Prolactin is still 0.
IGF-1 (106-368 range) mine is 121 - so the shots are working!
TSH is 0
FT4 (range .61-1.76) mine is 1.33
FT3 (range 2.3-4.2) mine is 3.5
Cholesterol is good, VitD in lower normal range, Glucose/Sodium/Potassium/Choloride/Calcium are all on the higher end of normal range.
Overall, I feel fine though! I have had a headache this week, but not sure if that's from worrying about this appointment or cuz I'm due to have my next cycle any day now. Assuming this new cream protesterone works... I don't know tho. If YOU do...let me know.
3 comments:
I can tell you that there is an over the counter DHEA that you can take. I've been taking it for years and it really helps with the energy.
Your ACTH doesn't seem too high to me. An ectopic normally produces extremely high, like way way over the charts, so try not to worry about that.
Thanks Christy! :)
just an FYI if u r thinking eptopic please speak to me (lung) i just wanted to let u know that my endo at H.U.P said 3 out of 4 UFC's are wrong so he always has me do 4 in a row. sure enough he is RIGHT. always a different reason. poor handling , mistake whatever, but he has been very right about the 3/4 ratio. the girl at the lab said always start the drop off to the lab on mondays she said u dont want anyone handling your tests on weekends or holidays when supervisors r not around. her words not mine. thank u thank u thank u so much for blogging. your always in my prayers. sincerely, Hope (pups08270@yahoo.com)
Post a Comment