Monday, August 4, 2008

Wean day #7

I should've waited til Wednesday and it could've been Weansday. hehe! Ok, I've lost my mind. But you already knew that.

I decided after not having any "after affects" from yesterdays beach adventure, I figured I was more than ok to wean. So I did not take my afternoon dose. So I'm officially only taking one dose of 20 mg first thing in the morning. I was trying not to worry myself like I did when I cut off the evening dose because I figured it be a day or more before I felt any symptoms. But in the last 2 hrs I've gotten the chills sitting in my 70 degree house, I have that "weaning" headache, and I'm feeling overly tired and loopy. The headache is at the top of my head, but covers my whole head. It's not "bad" yet, but I will be taking Tylenol PM to help me sleep, even tho I'm sure I could fall asleep right now. I'm getting a tad worried if I'm feeling symptoms now, what are the next few days going to be like? But you know if I don't have many symptoms, I'll just freak out and think I'm not cured. Ugh. It's like a horrible roller coaster!!

Anyway, I slept good last night. I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast, only a cheddar cheese stick for lunch and a turkey burger with veggies for dinner. I'm gonna say this only to have it come back to haunt me in an hour or so, but I haven't been overly thirsty today. I drank some water, a Coca Cola and some gatorade so far today. Part of me thinks it's the medicine Protonix that I take (to help my tummy with all these nasty drugs). I think that's part of what's making me thirsty. But I don't know for sure. But I didn't take it today, so who knows.

Other than that I felt fine earlier today. I cleaned up the house and had a friend come over with her daughter to have a playdate with my kiddos. It was nice and relaxing. For me, not so much the kids as they were running around like little crazy people. hehe! But overall a good day.

Now once I'm through this wean, I can stay on it until after I see Dr. L in Sept. Hopefully I'll adjust my mornings so I can manage getting up and getting the kiddos to school. Their first day is Sept 3rd!! ONE MONTH AWAY! I still can't believe it. But we won't go there yet. Let's just get me through this wean. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing great!
I really enjoyed reading your blog.
xoxo
Mary

Robin said...

I agree with Mary! Hey, what if you did 15/5 to help you get through the day? Would that be easier? Is it an option. That's what I did for months.... I was finally able to cut out the afternoon, but I couldn't make it through the day just taking it all in the morning.

Hugs!
Robin