Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catching up. . .

It's been over a week since my wean and I'm still feeling some minor symptoms. I shouldn't be shocked at this, but I am. It's a good sign, but nonetheless...

Monday, I had a headache that took awhile to go away. Then it ended up coming back in the evening. My knee is still swollen too. I thought part of that was due to the weather (cuz it would get like that when it was rainy out) but it's nice out!! I did sleep in til about 9:15am, but other than that I ate, drank and slept ok tho.

Tuesday, I was TIRED. It took a lot for me to get myself up after my 8am dose. I finally got myself up at around 10:30am. My kids were awesome playing nice and quiet that I actually felt bad. I hate this making me feel this way. During the night tho, I awoke feeling shakey. Like I needed my hydrocortisone badly. It was a weird sensation. I drank some water and talked myself back to sleep. That happened TWO times tho. Not sure if I did too much during the day on Monday that it was just a reaction to it? I'm not sure. In any case, once I got my 8am dose, I conked right back out. Even once I woke up, I still felt just loopy and tired.

I ate breakfast and then went to take a shower and that helped wake me up. I took some tylenol and drank one can of Coca Cola to help with the headache. I rested the rest of the morning and then took my kiddos out to a playdate after lunch. After that I took my son to his karate lesson and left my daughter with her friend. We picked her up after his lesson. I made dinner and finished cleaning up the house. I rested the remainder of the evening and then went to bed.

I slept ok last night, but had an upset stomach when I woke this morning. Not sure what that was about. I did get up, cuz I had to take my daughter to gymnastics. My friend still offered to take her, but knowing school is coming up quickly, I am going to HAVE to adjust and get up. So I decided to take her. Then I came home, ate some breakfast and have been sitting in my chair since. I have to go pick her up at noon, then we're going to the church so I can sign the kids up for CCD (catholic school). After that, if it doesn't take too long, we'll be going to another playdate (with some of their twin friends!). A swimming one at that. If it takes too long, we'll be moving the playdate to Friday. But we'll see. I'll try to update later if I can. My evenings are seemingly busy and then I get so tired. . .

***Update! We just got home from the pool about an hr ago (around 5pm). Kids had fun and I got to chill out with my best friends. It was so nice to see them. We just don't get to see each other often enough. So it was nice to catch up. Now we're home and tired. Sun and swimming took a lot out of the kids and the sun and heat took a lot out of me. So we're resting. We're gonna get pizza for dinner and all get to bed early tonight. : )

No comments: