As I write this, I'm at my parents in the Chicago suburbs. We're only here for a week, but it's been a very busy week. We got here last Saturday and are leaving this Sunday. The first few days we were here, I got wicked headaches and just felt tired. When I went with my mom to the grocery store, I used one of those blood pressure machines. Sure enough it was low - 105/50. I know that means I'm low in hydro too. So for the last few days since then, I've taken 17.5mg. (Since I haven't posted in awhile, I should tell you that I upped my dose from 12.5mg back to 15mg. So from that I went up another 2.5mg to help me.) So far it has helped thankfully!
Wednesday we went to Six Flags and I rode on 3 roller coasters. The third coaster was the one that did me in. I rode Superman first (on my stomach w/o any problems), one called the Demon with loops and corkscrews (which left me with a tad headache but it was my daughters first time with loops & corkscrews so I had to go!) and the last one was the Great American Eagle (nothing but hills in that one) and I felt sick to my stomach, weak and dizzy after that one. I ended up taking an additional 5mg after that ride. I'm not sure if it was just the hills or if I had just hit my peak of riding coasters, but it did me in. I had to rest for like 20 min after it too. We finished with the park tho and ended up going to Hurricane Harbor. That was nice and refreshing. But when we got home, I ate 1 piece of pizza, had a half a bottle of water and fell asleep before 9pm CST. I remember my mom coming in to check on me, but I was out of it. Woke up about 5am, went ahead and took my 17.5mg dose and fell back to sleep til about 8am.
Knock on wood, I haven't had any problems since I made sure to take extra hydro this time. I was supposed to go to the city on Thursday, but didn't cuz I didn't want to push it and I was still tired out. My mom and I stayed home while my husband and father took my kids into Chicago. It was ok tho and I had fun as well. Nothing else big is planned and we should be driving back home soon. :-( The emotions will get the better of me, so I'll still take a little extra until I get home, then I'll go back down to 15mg. I'm so happy we were able to come here tho. It was a nice vacation! I'll post some pics when I get home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment