Monday, June 15, 2009

Adrenal insufficiency or something else?

This weekend was really weird. Now this is going to be a little TMI, but for some reason I had a bad case of the runs this weekend. And as you may or may not know from previous posts, getting something like that WIPES ME OUT. I'm not sure if it was something I ate or a case of AI. All I know is that I couldn't do anything as I felt sick to my stomach, was weak and dizzy. I was afraid to eat anything for fear it would keep happening. I ate tons of bananas and drank gatorade to keep me hydrated. It lasted 3 days. That's it. Is that odd or what?

Now I didn't do much Friday or Saturday, but Sunday we took the kids to the Race Track to see the horses run. This was their first time and while I didn't feel I could handle it, I went anyway. I was cold all day and couldn't get warm and then those dang runs. That's why I think it was AI. Sounds like AI anyway. I mean it was 70+ degrees out! If we got in a shaded area, I felt colder! Again, just odd. After the races we went to play mini-golf and I chose to sit that out. I sat in the car and rested. We went to dinner after that and I ate and thankfully, since yesterday afternoon, I haven't had the runs. It's like it just stopped. I almost stress dosed, cuz I just wasn't sure. I've slept really good the last few nights, so who knows.

I really am going to start getting out to walk around the block. I've been doing an exercise tape, but I think walking would be better for me. We'll see. I'll get another cortisol/ACTH test done in August unless another doc tests it first. But that's a whole other days post.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Kay,

It's hard to say. I do know the flu has been going around too. My cousin was over last week and she called me to see if I'd gotten sick. Thankfully, I didn't, and nobody else at my house has, but she had a terrible flu, Wed., Thurs., Fri., and at least Sat. I have not talked to her since then. I know she was having everything you did, plus throwing up!

I'm glad it's past for you, whatever it was!

Hugs,
Gracie