I thought in doing this blog, I'd try to give a daily overview of my day and how I'm feeling. It may be in depth or it may be very short. But it's an update nonetheless AND it helps me keep track of things. I'm better at typing things out than writing, so it's easier too.
So starting today - Saturday, June 14th. 1 week 1 day postop
I'm on 30mg of hydrocortisone at 8am in the morning, 30mg of hydrocortisone at 2pm and 30mg of hydrocortisone at 8pm. Dr. L has it set up to take this way because that is the normal rhythm of your bodies regular cortisol supply. A normal person has high cortisol levels in the morning, and they slowly taper off during the day and then should be next to nothing overnight. While I was testing though, my levels were highest at midnight and 4am. So you can see that going 6 hrs and then 6 hrs and then TWELVE hrs between taking my meds, that that 12 hrs would be hard for me.
When I left the hospital, I was taking the hydro every 8 hrs. I stress dosed while on the plane ride home and then started slowly adjusting to get to the 8am/2pm/8pm schedule. My nights are tough. I get woozy, lightheaded and nauseaus getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. And I still do get up quite a few times a night unfortunately. DI is still going strong. I have a cup of ice water on top of a pitcher of ice water next to my bed. So I'm drinkin' and peein' all night long. Doesn't make for a good nights rest. On top of craving for my next dose of meds too. But managed after a week of being home to get onto the right schedule and just deal with the symptoms.
The headaches are the worst. I've been taking Excedrin Migraine to help. Caffeine helps to raise cortisol levels a bit too - which is in the Excedrin along with acetaminophin. I also still feel cold at odd times. It's 90 degrees outside and 70 or so inside, but I'm still freezing. It comes and goes and thankfully I have a nice blankie to keep me warm.
I'm eating normally, just in smaller portions. Seems to take a lot out of me oddly enough. Still drinking a lot though.
No comments:
Post a Comment